Monday, April 26, 2010

Caromal Colours Curior Makeover

I have long been fed up with my armoire and, to a lesser extent, my curio cabinet.  They look oddly like a pair, although I purchased them several years apart from different manufacturers.  They are the lovely scrolled pine pieces from the 80s.

Still, both serve an important function in my living room; the armoire hides the TV (don't believe I'll ever reach a point where a visible TV is okay with me) and the curio holds my bar ware and Waterford Lismore collection.

I wanted to replace the curio cabinet with a vintage bar cart, something like this brass one...


or this French number for just $1,020...


or maybe this gorgeous black Indochine bar...

or go contemporary with this shiny baby from Restoration Hardware.


Alas, there were two primary issues with this wish of mine...cost and space.  The snug little space I wanted to put a bar cart it in was not large enough to accommodate virtually anything I liked and the couple I did like I wasn't willing to spend four figures on (um, not that I even had it to spend mind you).

So, a makeover of this piece was in order and after much studying the work of others and stewing over the issue, I hopped online and ordered this kit from Caromal Colours.

Here's your little peek at the before:


See what I mean by the 80s scrolled look?


And then there are the dreaded bun feet!!! Actually bun feet are fine if you have an updated version; these are not updated.

Here's a shot of the contents.  I just don't have anywhere else in my house I can store these or, more accurately, enjoy them in easy reach.


Check back for the BIG REVEAL (insert big important music properly conveying the bigness of this reveal).

xo,

Christine

2 comments:

Vicki said...

What happened to the big reveal? Did you finish your project? Don't you just love the Caromal Colours paint?
Vicki @3OaksStudio.com

Christine said...

Hi Vicki,

Yes, I posted the big reveal. Look under my DIY post.

Thanks for stopping and commenting.