Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Monochromatic Works for Me!


Work and volunteering duties have been getting in the way of the striped wall project but fear not, I will persevere and get it done this week.

I have been feverishly reviewing craigslist for a mirror to no avail.

I've decided I'll have to hold onto my existing acanthus table from Ballard Designs because nothing on craigslist fits the look at a price I'm comfortable with.

Window treatments from Overstock.com are on the way but who knows what they'll look like in person.

Family and friends are questioning my decision to bury the burnt orange walls ("but I like them that color") but I remind them the walls have been that color for a really long time.  I guess that's the good thing about dining rooms - you can experiment with unusual, bold looks because you aren't in them often enough to get tired of colors that strong.

Still, as I work to learn my new roll of entrepreneur and figure out how to run a business on my own, I find I need my home to be really soft and soothing...comforting.  I don't want bold right now.  Soft, easy on the eyes colors feel right to me at the moment and I know when it's finished everyone will agree it's a good thing (to steal a little lingo from my beloved Martha :-)).

As you patiently await the dining room completion, I leave you with a few beautiful monochromatic dining rooms I find very soft and soothing.

 
 
 
 

Here are a couple different versions of white dining rooms in different styles by Country Living.  Furniture stays the same, but tweaking the accessories delivers a completely different look.


 
 
I have to get back to work now.

Carpe diem!

No comments: