Monday, January 18, 2010

Striping Update

I didn't get the striped wall project done over the weekend as I had to do a wall and then live with it for a while to see if I wanted to go further.  My sister-in-law calls it dating...as in, I have to date these lamps, this coat, this color a while before I decide if I'm ready to make a commitment.

After I finished one wall, my initial reaction was "I hate it".  But, I dated it a while and I fell in love (that happens, you know?). 

I settled on a color by Behr called Cotton Whisper.  It's darker than the SW Greek Villa and lighter than their Creme - the two paints I had previously considered for the stripes.  I really love the Cotton Whisper.  The whole effect is super soft and elegant (of course, this is my opinion and may not be shared by others).

I have to say this whole measuring thing is a HUGE challenge in an old and uneven house with old uneven walls.

So, here's a peek...

By the way, I've decided that I will be painting the picture molding Cotton Whisper so it doesn't cut the wall off and blends more with the ceiling.

No comments: