Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Living Room Paint Job

Post painting, I took a few quick shots of the living room, but only one really comes close to showing the difference in color.  I guess because my before color was a softer yellow, the new ivory shade doesn't read as all that dramatic a change in pictures.  I do love it though.  And I realize now that I could have gone even lighter and still been happy, but this was a solid choice.

The BEFORE...


and the AFTER....



As you can see, I haven't done the switch to warm weather decorating (pulling up rugs, "warm" pillows and throws, etc.  Not sure it'll happen this year ... too much going on. 

Still on my to do list for this room: 
1. Paint the armoire
2. New pillow to replace the one with fraying fringe (possibly several new pillows)
3. Re-do mantle ( have some fun things in mind using my new thrift store purchases...stay tuned)
4. Bamboo (I would take matchstick too) shades to replace the linen sheers.  I haven't been able to find the size I need via my favorite source (overstock.com), but I'll keep looking.

Small changes = a little more bliss.

No comments: