Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shabby Chic Goes Super Sophisticated

Back in 1989, Rachel Ashwell opened her first Shabby Chic store in Santa Monica, California and the look quickly gained momentum across the U.S. throughout the 90s.  I loved the look as much as the next girl, even going so far as to buy one of her books to read and reread (okay, let's be honest, I looked at the pictures).

I never did transform my decor into the shabby chic look, mostly because it just seemed so over the top feminine and un-guy friendly.  There were so many flowers and ruffles and girly things.  Still, I always thought doses of it here and there were gorgeous. 

Recently while perusing a Brit decor magazine, I came across a company that takes the shabby chic look to a new level of sophistication.  Many of their furnishings are quite contemporary, but still capture the shabby chic vibe perfectly. All of the following images are from their website, http://www.chicshack.net/
and I think each one is more breathtaking than the next.  Enjoy...



Okay, I'm exhausted.  Go to the site...there is much eye candy to be had.  And if you love a traditional nursery, they have amazing baby rooms too. 

No comments: