Monday, August 23, 2010

Spend or Save? Carved Candlesticks For Less

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I had recently gotten a PT job at Restoration Hardware and that I had a wish list of goodies I wanted to use my awesome employee discount on, including these lovelies:


 I did break down and order two of the 18" candlesticks for my mantel.  They are back ordered until late October, so I can't show you how amazing they'll look on my mantel until...well, late October :(.

I decided to do a quick web search to see if a similar look could be found for less and here's what I found:


At www.avid-home.com, I found this 21.5" tall carved wood candlestick with a distressed finish that looks strikingly similar to my Resto version, except for the price...$112.50... GASP!!  The 18" Resto candlestick is just $49 without my discount and the 22" (1/2" smaller than than this avid-home version) is only $59.  So, you can get two of the 22" candlesticks from RH for a few dollars more than one of these avid-home candlesticks. 


This set of two carved candlesticks from www.accent-furniture-direct.com can be had for a mere $231.00 and that's apparently a discount from the regular price of $288.75.

No thanks, I'll stick with my Restoration Hardware candlesticks.  I just wish I didn't have to wait two plus months to get them...sigh.  And no, unfortunately I'm in no way compensated by Resto for this post :-).

No comments: