Friday, October 23, 2009

Preparing to Pull Up Roots



Even though fall leads to the dreaded winter, I do love the colors of fall in the Midwest.  I took this picture of my Japanese maple from my front window yesterday morning.  Yes, that's the garbage truck on the left - try to ignore that okay?

As pretty as it is, the maple blocks most of the window (hence most of the light), so I plan to have it moved a few feet so that I can still enjoy it without blocking the light. This assumes it doesn't cost the earth.  If it does, it shall remain until November 2010 because the arborist I called tells me you have to move it when it's dormant to keep it alive.  Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Tamara Jansen said...

I wish you much luck with moving that beautiful maple tree! I think you are making the right decision to move it over a bit and bring in the sun :)