Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Small House Loves Green House

No color, decoratively speaking, makes me as happy as green.  It's all over my house and I never get tired of it. 

My beloved green is prominently featured in the dining room of this DC area CharityWorks GreenHouse.  There are many other beautiful images of this house posted at My Notting Hill.



I love absolutely every square inch of this space.  LOVE the window treatments, both the fabric and the fun fringe trim.  That small strip of wallpaper is perfection - just a touch for interest and color, but not one big overwhelming wall.  The chandelier and rug could not be more perfect and the furniture ... sorry, I'm having a moment.  As much as I love my own dining room, I heart this cheery little space.




This is exactly the kind of mirror I searched for for my own dining room - right down to the paint job.  Taking an over the top ornate mirror and washing it with ivory paint instantly makes it fit this fun, fresh little dining space.




Even the pillows are perfection...especially that beautiful two toned green velvet number...sigh...




The china...

This carbon neutral house, the first of its kind on the East Coast, will be open through the end of October.  Wish I were there to take a tour, but if you're anywhere nearby it looks to be well worth the visit.

No comments: