Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Little Home Office Charm


I have (FINALLY) successfully completed the base in the dining room and am dreading looking forward to doing the stripes.  I’m pretty sure I'm going with SW Greek Villa.  It's much whiter than the Crème I originally chose and will achieve a crisper look.  Who am I kidding?  I still can't decide.  Thank God I don't agonize like this when doing someone else’s house.

While sitting in my favorite chair having my morning tea yesterday, I was admiring the new fresh dining room color when I had the startling, and somewhat disturbing, realization that the new color appeared to be just a shade or two lighter than the living room color.  I mean, I wanted a soft transition, but I wasn't looking for the same thing!

In any event, I need a break from dining rooms.  I have also been thinking about home offices lately.

Three years ago when I set up my home office, I chose a soft yellow for the walls (are you seeing a theme here?) because I read that the color aids in concentration, clarity for decision-making, sharpened memory and protection from lethargy and depression during dull weather.  You know, like now when it’s freezing in the Midwest and the snow around my house is knee deep – that sort of dull weather.

So, here are some home offices I think are loaded with charm and that are very achievable for most of us normal girls (you know, the non millionaire types).  Some are clearly pricier than others, but finding cheaper alternatives is what we excel at right?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The one below might seam super pricey, but elements of it are certainly affordable and it can be imitated with pieces from IKEA or even built if you or the Hubby are shop class grads.

I actually have these Pottery Barn shelves in the rubbed white in my home office.  I had admired them for a long time, but waited patiently for them to go on sale when they offered an even bigger discount for a multi purchase.

I'll share my home office soon, but that means I have to clean it so don't hold your breath cause I don't want to lose you as a reader okay?

XOXO,

Christine



No comments: