Monday, January 11, 2010

The Dining Room Makeover is Underway

Well, I hope I made the right decision because the paint wasn't cheap.  I went ahead and bought a gallon of the best Sherwin Williams paint they had in Buff. 

My intention was to just do what I typically do and buy a quart and try a large patch on the wall, view it at different hours of the day over a week or so to be sure I liked it and then plunge or retreat.

But I bought the whole gallon and decided to paint a patch on Saturday.  But, the patch kept expanding because I just couldn't get a feel for it.  The dramatic difference between the brick color I have now versus this new creamy shade made it too difficult to tell what it would look like across all four walls. 

So the patch quickly expanded.  Last night after returning from a fun Sunday afternoon with a big group of girls (15 I think?) drinking mimosas, eating extremely fattening breakfast foods, crafting, chatting, watching Jane Austin and celebrating my friend Lora's birthday, I painted a second coat over the first patch. 

Here's a shot of the state of disrepair my dining room is currently in.  Try to ignore the linen sheers.  They are just there to maintain privacy while I paint.  My brain has already moved onto window treatments, what type of mirror for the wall you're looking at, my beautiful rug will no longer work in this room.  What have I done??????


Now that I've created this monster, I've got to at least get the base down quickly because I can't stand to have the lower level of my house looking like this if someone stops over.

Wish me luck.

No comments: