Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bathed in Pink

In honor of Valentine's Day (yeah, I know I'm way early), I wanted to share some truly beautiful pink themed rooms.

I am single but have always loved V day.  I think because when I was a little girl (and pretty much through college), my Dad always bought my Mom and me a little something...some chocolates, a sweet card and a little bracelet or something fun to brighten my day.  Because of that, I always viewed Valentine's Day as a celebration of all kinds of love - not just romantic love.

And, of course, any day that encourages the consumption of chocolate (heavy and delighted sigh...) and the wearing of pink (my favorite color) ranks high on my special occasion list.

Here are some yummy rooms from Country Living...

 
  

This room below just takes my breath away.  The dark woods with the light walls, the soft pinks with the acid greens....

 
I'm afraid I don't know who to credit for the following pictures so if you have a clue, do tell so I can give proper acknowledgement.
 
  
Okay now I have a tiny bit of advice that may well change your life...or at least your bedroom.  Swap out the lights in your bedside lamps with pink bulbs (pretty easy to find) and I guarantee you will absolutely love the way you look in your bedroom.  It gives off a glow that makes everyone look a million times better.  Try it and you'll never go back to plain old bulbs, I promise.



No comments: