Monday, February 1, 2010

If You Don't Like It, Paint It!

As I was putting yet another coat of glossy black paint on my thrifty mirror purchase over the weekend, I decided to give my little butler's tray table a makeover too.

I bought this simple little piece years ago at Pier One Imports and I have no idea what I paid for it.  Many of the accent pieces in my house at that time were from Pier One because after buying the house, I had no money to furnish it. Funny how that works.

Please excuse the crappy photography. 


Here is a close up of the hardware on the piece that I will replace as it's a bit too rustic to fit the dining room now.
 
The tray table needs one more coat of paint and then I can put the new hardware on it and show you the "after". 

I would rather show you the "after" version of the mirror once it is hung and that's not happening until Friday.  I have too much going on with work this week so it's going to have to wait.

No comments: