Monday, February 15, 2010

My Dining Room Makeover Revealed

I am finally able to reveal my dining room makeover!!

Before I show you my pictures, I know that I should have taken the time to set the table, light candles, buy flowers and put them in a lovely vase and all that good stuff.  But, the guys from Arslanian Brothers just left after picking up the old rug to be cleaned and helping me lay out the new seagrass rug and I was just so excited to show you (all 6 of you...hi mom) my new dining room that I couldn't wait.

First, take a moment to review the BEFORE in this post for a proper perspective and then check out my fresh off the memory card reveal below...

 

This is the view from the living room.  I would have liked to get new shades for the chandelier (these are a pale gold silk), but it seemed an unnecessary expense given these ones from Ballard Designs are only about a year old and aren't really way out of place.  If I find 5 matching shades at a great price in one of my bargain hunts, I may pick them up, but these are fine for now.

I do love my fresh new Ballard Designs slipcovers with initial though.  They were a great buy on sale and I love anything washable. I don't want people stressing about spills when they eat.


I decided to rework the shelves in the built in by removing all but a few books and placing some cream colored pieces from my existing stash on display.

Did you happen to notice that I've entered the 21st century by having a programmable thermostat installed to replace the big ole honkin thing left over from 1940?  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it :).

 
  
  
  

I'm just thrilled with my new room and the toned down pallet is so soothing - exactly what I need right now.  It's hard to gain perspective from pictures, but the room looks sooo much bigger now too.  

Thanks so much for checking out my makeover.

No comments: