Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tray Table Makeover

Sorry for the lack of posts for the past few days.  My mom had some surgery and I spent a couple days with my parents helping out.  They have dial up so posting was not really an option without extreme frustration.

Now that I'm back home and have unburied my driveway and dusted off the laptop, I wanted to share my tray table makeover.  You'll recall this post where I mentioned that I had decided to use some of the glossy black paint purchased for my mirror makeover on my old Pier One tray table.

Here is the made over version in my dining room:

 
 
The hardware change is my favorite part of the makeover.  Here is the BEFORE:
 

The hardware I really lusted for was this drawer pull from Anthropologie, but at $24.00 each it wasn't an option.

So, one trip to Home Depot later, I bought these simple pulls for $4.00 each.

The AFTER:


 My only caution with the glossy paint is that it picks up every flaw on the piece (as you can clearly see), but flaws don't bother me.  As The Nester always says, It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.


No comments: