Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Done in a Day Makeover - Stylish Storage on the Cheap

Sorry for the lack of posts.  The last week has gone by in a whirl with work, training (now certified in color consulting - yay!!) and painting my parents basement, I haven't had time to do anything much personal except shower and sleep.

If you've read this blog before, you know that a Done in a Day makeover project doesn't have to be big, just something sweet and simple that makes your life a little better and prettier.  It can even be as simple as finally putting a switch plate on that bare socket in the room you painted years ago that you kept forgetting about (yes, Dad, I finally painted and placed one on the guest room light switch).

So a couple of weeks ago, I stopped at some of my favorite thrift haunts and picked up some super cheap (the 3 together were about $2 total) white glass thingies (okay, I have no idea what their original purpose was so do share if you have a clue) with the intention of putting them to use in my office to hold frequently used supplies.  If something is going to sit out in the open versus hidden away in my closet, I want it to at least look pretty while its doing its thing.


A little ribbon later and they're a little prettier.  I would have preferred a thicker ribbon but I already had this ribbon in my supply closet.


Another cheap storage method...
Take a handful of these....


And fill the bottom of a pretty glass vessel and stick eye make-up pencils...


or your make-up brushes in and have everything you need daily visible, pretty and ready for use.


Storage and organization doesn't have to be plain and ugly.  If you have a stylish storage solution, please share.

No comments: