Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Ailment: Paint Analysis Paralysis

Okay, I've completely overwhelmed myself with this dining room project of painting horizontal stripes.  I thought I had my colors picked out: Sherwin Williams Buff and Creme, but now I'm thinking I want to go more taupe than creme.

I know you can't hear me, but I just heaved a really heavy sigh...really heavy.  I have too many samples and I think I've got paint analysis paralysis.

Please send me ideas if you have thoughts on the subject.

Below is a swatch of the trim color (Martha Stewart paint) I mentioned in yesterday's post.  The trim, including the chair rail, is painted the darker green shade on the swatch below, called Westport Tan.  The wainscoting is the lighter green, called Georgia Beach.  I want the striping colors to work well with these two shades as I don't want to change them.


I would go to Home Depot again and look at more swatches, but I just can't stand the thought of putting on all the winter gear again and driving through all that slop.  Winter sucks!










No comments: